First Problem in a while C:\Windows\system32\FAIL RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a program, some theme pack thing. Anyway, soon as I installed it and restarted I started having these very annoying pop ups that say; "C:\Windows\system32\"someprogam" is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation. It happens when I boot up and happens about... 30- 40 times as programs open up. I think it's trying to run 32bit programs :/. I was unable to do a system restore (I WAS UNABLE TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE -_-). Now what? what do I need to delete? there's no uninstall program for this program. I'll be on Linux if you have a solution as to keep me from getting upset. I don't want to reinstall windows 7 I just got it perfect (figures).

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Changed type Jeahavee Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:58 PM Cus I need help
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:56 PM

Answers

• " I moved it to another folder and {BOTH} the pop ups and slowness have stopped."

:)

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:07 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:18 AM

All replies

• Can't you switch back to one of the Windows Aero themes?

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:53 AM
  • It never changed anything as far as Aero.
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:29 AM
  • I see that a few .exe that start up with Windows causes the message "bad image" to come up. Avgrssta.dll is the only file that comes up. Should I delete it? I moved it to another folder and the pop ups and slowness have stopped.
    • Edited by Jeahavee Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:48 PM Changed...
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:29 AM
  • Hi Jeahavee,

Could you please let us know the program name? In the meantime, please disable it from start up items by the steps below to check the result:

1.     Go to Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2.     Click Startup tab, uncheck the problematic program.

3.     Click OK.

Restart the computer to check the result.

If you cannot find which startup item to disable, please access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:28 AM
  • " I moved it to another folder and {BOTH} the pop ups and slowness have stopped."

:)

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:07 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Glad to hear you have resolved the issue. :-)
    Friday, March 26, 2010 9:21 AM