none
Web Query RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web query that automatically refreshes each hour, but was wondering if it were possible to keep the previous data and just add new data above upon refresh.  The webpage is updated periodically throughout the day and as games are finished they are removed and new ones are added.  Thank you.
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:01 AM

Answers

• Hi sfcramer,

>> wondering if it were possible to keep the previous data and just add new data above upon refresh. 

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to keep both the old sate and the updated data when using Web Query in Excel, right?

If this is the case, I am afraid there is no built-in feature in Excel to realize this. But if you are familiar with VBA code, theatrically it is possible to copy all the query data to another duplicate area nearby using worksheet_change macro. Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Excel user interface, if you need further assistance regarding the macro, it is suggested to post to the following dedicated MSDN forum for Excel:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope you can find the above information helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sfcramer Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:49 AM