none
Temporary ISCSI disk space RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to add some iscsi disk space to my dpm server. I have to release this space in a couple of months.

How can I move the replicas stored on this volume to a different location without interrupting my backups to free up the space.

Thanks

Arno

Monday, December 17, 2012 10:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the DPM Powershell command called MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 to move the DPM volumes from one set of disks to another.

Using MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd282970.aspx

The following commands can be used with the ntdisk number as seen in either the get-DPMDISK output, the Windows Disk Management GUI or DPM Management - Disks GUI.

EXAMPLE-1 These commands show the migrations going from NTDisk 1 to NTDisks 3, 5, 6. 

$source = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {$_.ntdiskid -eq 1}
    $destination = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {3,5,6 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 -DPMServername DPM-SVR-NAME -source $source -destination $destination

EXAMPLE-2 These commands show the migrations going from NTDisk 1,2,3 to NTDisks 4,5,6. 

$source = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {1,2,3 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    $destination = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {4,5,6 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 -DPMServername DPM-SVR-NAME -source $source -destination $destination

How to Use The Migratedatasourcedatafromdpm.Ps1 DPM Powershell Script to Move Data: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2009/06/22/how-to-use-the-migratedatasourcedatafromdpm-ps1-dpm-powershell-script-to-move-data.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:22 AM