App-V and portables applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to sequence some portables applications with App-V 5.1? I mean, applications .jar .swf .exe who are not install.

Thanks

Friday, September 2, 2016 6:27 AM

Answers

• Sure, you can just select the appropriate Option in the Sequencer, that you don't want to use an Installer and manually copy your Files to the Installation Directory / PVAD.

Just note that if you're using jar and swf files, that you need to provided the neccessary Runtimes like Flash Player or Java, either in the App-V Package itself or locally on the Devices where you Publishing your Package.

Simon Dettling | sitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Friday, September 2, 2016 6:34 AM

All replies

• Sure, you can just select the appropriate Option in the Sequencer, that you don't want to use an Installer and manually copy your Files to the Installation Directory / PVAD.

Just note that if you're using jar and swf files, that you need to provided the neccessary Runtimes like Flash Player or Java, either in the App-V Package itself or locally on the Devices where you Publishing your Package.

Simon Dettling | sitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Friday, September 2, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Okay great!

But when i am using sequenceur i just have:

• Standard application default
    • add-on or plug-in
    • Middleware

I don't know how can i manually copy my files .. 

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:49 PM
  • Select "Standard Application" and on the Screen, where you need to specify the Installer, select the Option at the bottom, that you perform a Custom Installation.

During the Sequencing, you can then copy your files to the PVAD.

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:13 PM