none
Exchange 2016 Edge: Export transport rules from Exchange 2007 Edge/Import transport rules into Exchange 2016 Edge?

Question

• Hello, is it possible to export transport rules from Exchange 2007 SP2 Edge and import the set of rules into Exchange 2016 Edge?

I was provided the below article however the requirement is Exchange 2007 SP3 and I would prefer to not have to apply a service pack.  Does anyone have a workaround?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/2846555/you-cannot-migrate-transport-rules-from-exchange-server-2007-to-exchan
    Saturday, September 9, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hello, is it possible to export transport rules from Exchange 2007 SP2 Edge and import the set of rules into Exchange 2016 Edge?

I was provided the below article however the requirement is Exchange 2007 SP3 and I would prefer to not have to apply a service pack.  Does anyone have a workaround?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/2846555/you-cannot-migrate-transport-rules-from-exchange-server-2007-to-exchan

I think the article is pretty clear. You have to be at SP3. Otherwise, recreate them on the 2016 server. 
    Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Hi TGIF,

As the article had mentioned, Exchange 2007 SP3 is a necessary condition, if you want to migrate the transport rule like that, SP3 must be installed, no other workarounds, otherwise, create new rules in Exchange 2016 as Andy mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 10:27 AM
  • Hi TGIF,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 9:16 AM