none
Cannot see SalesForce as a data option under "From Other Sources" in Power Query RRS feed

• Question

• I'm on Office 2013 and have installed all latest updates, as well as the Power Query.  However, I am unable to see SalesForce as an option under "From Other Sources" in Power Query.  What am I doing wrong?
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:33 PM

Answers

• Do you have Office Pro, Office Pro Plus or Office 365? I believe that many of the menu choices are disabled when you install Power Query into Office Pro, though you should still be able to write the query by hand by starting with a blank query.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:08 PM

All replies

• Do you have Office Pro, Office Pro Plus or Office 365? I believe that many of the menu choices are disabled when you install Power Query into Office Pro, though you should still be able to write the query by hand by starting with a blank query.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:08 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Mine was showing all the options under "From Other Sources" until about a week ago.  Since then, all I can see are:

• From OData Feed
    • From Facebook
    • From OBDC
    • Blank Query

Before I was able to see:

• From SharePoint list
    • From OData Feed
    • From Hadoop File (HDFS)
    • From Active Directory
    • From Microsoft Exchange
    • From Dynamics CRM Online
    • From Facebook
    • From SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe
    • From Salesforce Objects
    • From Salesforce Reports
    • From OBDC
    • Blank Query

I can still run queries to Salesforce that I created before.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Power Query.  I've turned off all other add-ins.  I have resinstalled Excel.  I can't figure this out.

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:56 PM
  • Hi Druskin, Which version of Office do you use? Do you have Pro Plus or Excel Stabdalone?
    Monday, June 8, 2015 6:35 PM
  • It is Office 2013 standard.
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:56 PM