windows Explorer start RRS feed

• Question

• I used to have a button on Quick Launch that started at any directory I wanted: 

explorer /e d:\Data

I would like to know the same for the taskbar explorer so I can start directly at 'recent places'

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Peter

productivity

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:34 AM

Answers

• Hello PT

Open a Windows Explorer and navigate to the Folder you want to have pinned.
    Then drag and drop the Folder from the left (!) side of the expanded Folder structure to the Eplorer Icon in the taskbar.

If you want to distribute it, the properties are stored as a BINARY under this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder

Programatically you'll require either an Interface or ditribute the exported key dynamically using the next incremental number.

Hope this helps..

Tom

• Proposed as answer by microtom Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like that there is no "/e" parameter. You may pin any directory you want to the recent list on the taskbar. You may right click and choose the directory directly.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hello PT

Open a Windows Explorer and navigate to the Folder you want to have pinned.
    Then drag and drop the Folder from the left (!) side of the expanded Folder structure to the Eplorer Icon in the taskbar.

If you want to distribute it, the properties are stored as a BINARY under this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder

Programatically you'll require either an Interface or ditribute the exported key dynamically using the next incremental number.

Hope this helps..

Tom

• Proposed as answer by microtom Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:41 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:41 PM
  • Oh, here's a good link for that, so you could also create individual icons:

http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/folder-to-taskbar.html?lang=EN

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like that there is no "/e" parameter. You may pin any directory you want to the recent list on the taskbar. You may right click and choose the directory directly.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:39 AM