How do I change my keyboard language at the login screen?!!! HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Ok this is very urgent. I just purchased a new desktop with Windows 7. The language for some reason had some variation of Russian as the default. I added English UK and deleted the Russian keyboard. HOWEVER I did not copy those settings to the login screen. Now when I go to log in the only keyboard is Russian and my password is in English!!!

Can someone please help me. I am completely stuck and have gone through forums for the past 2 hours and still nothing.

Please help :)

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:33 PM Relocated to appropriate forum
    Friday, May 2, 2014 11:07 AM

Answers

• Only Windows 7 Ultimate supports the alternate language packs.  What version of Windows do you have?

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Proposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Monday, May 19, 2014 9:48 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 2:44 PM
  • On the Welcome Screen, click the Keyboard layout button Picture of the keyboard layout button on the Welcome screen, and then select your desired keyboard layout.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:32 PM

All replies

• Only Windows 7 Ultimate supports the alternate language packs.  What version of Windows do you have?

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Proposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Monday, May 19, 2014 9:48 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 2:44 PM
  • On the Welcome Screen, click the Keyboard layout button Picture of the keyboard layout button on the Welcome screen, and then select your desired keyboard layout.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:32 PM