Error logging onto Vista Home Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista home addition installed 3 weeks ago.  Its been working fine, but I switched the laptop on today, typed in my windows password and received the following error message -

'The user profile service service failed the logon'  

'User Profile cannot be loaded'

Anyone seen this before? Any idea how to rectify it?

Many Thanks

Thursday, March 8, 2007 11:04 PM

All replies

• i got the same message .. and it only does it to my wife's log-on ... since she's the administrator, we can't do anything about it .. and we can't add or delete anything on teh computer .. fortunately, my log-on is still good so we can still use the computer, but not beign able to have my wife log-on because of this error message is awful .. have you found a fix?  

Eric Mansfield

em41@uakron.edu

Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:23 PM
  • I have same error and becouse of this i can't connect my xbox 360 extender to my media center 

from 3 days ago i couldn't connect my xbox 360 to my media center and when i tried to connect it from new user, recieved orror "The user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot  be loaded". Microsoft please help me ...
    Monday, May 21, 2007 7:33 AM
  • I had this problem on a Vista Home Premium.  Press the F8 key when booting, and I found that the failing login name password worked even though the administrator's account and the guest account were both disabled.  When the menu comes up, I selected option 2, System Restore.  I chose an earlier checkpoint,  restored to that and re-booted.  This worked for me and no user files were lost.  I didn't choose option 1 but that might have helped.  You may need to re-install any new application software that was added since the old checkpoint was taken but that's better than not being able to log on at all.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:48 PM