Events 2049 and 2050 in Microsoft-Windows-SystemDataArchiver/Diagnostic RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I am getting lots of Events 2049 (Information) and 2050 (Verbose) in the Microsoft-Windows-SystemDataArchiver/Diagnostic (various per second).

Both show "The description for Event ID xxxx from source Microsoft-Windows-SystemDataArchiver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted."

But 2049 shows also:

[SDP Network] Skipping result(no name) \Network Adapter(6to4 Adapter)\Bytes Received/sec = 0.000

and 2050:

[SDP Base]  SRUM calling QueryStatsEx with reason 0 into provider CPU Provider.

Althought they are no errors nor warnings, the (huge) amount seems to indicate some misconfiguration somewhere.

Does anybody knows of something I can do about?

Thank you!

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:22 PM

Answers

• You can disable diagnostic logging - and enable it once you need to collect diagnostic logs

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:44 PM

All replies

• You can disable diagnostic logging - and enable it once you need to collect diagnostic logs

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:44 PM
  • Thank you!

Do you mean disable this logging in EventViewer/Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Microsoft-Windows-SystemDataArchiver/Diagnostic / Properties?

Anyway: isn´t there any specific toggle on System Data Archiver itself?

Thanks again for your attention!

Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:23 PM
  • Correct - that's what I mean. 

There might be - but this seems to be a considerably simpler option

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:55 PM
  • Hi,

If any reply is useful for you, please kindly mark it as answer, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 1:42 AM