custom html landing page RRS feed

• Question

• can I upload a custom html page to a page library and then use that as my default page for a particular site? in a cms publishing site?

my marketing team wants a custom landing page that submits a form.

it's just a one off page and does not need to be a template of any other content...

Thursday, April 5, 2012 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you can upload custom .html page into SharePoint pages library, but the page will not display the most SharePoint part in your .html page such as:

• You can apply the SharePoint master page to .html page
    • Top navigation, bread crumb, quick launch etc will not available

What I want to suggest you is, better you put the content what ever is in BODY tag of .html page in SharePoint landing page (ex: Default.aspx or Home.aspx) with in content place holder main, then try to adjust the code as per the compatability.

Let me know if you need further information in detail

Best Regards, G Vijai Kumar | My Sharepoint Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Or use a SharePoint page - add a Page Viewer Webpart, and then point the page viewer webpart to the .html page
    Friday, April 6, 2012 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can use the content editor webpart to display your custom html page content instead of making your html page as default page.

Alternatively you can upload the page to library, and then from homepage (landing page) of your site, set up a re-direct.

Regards, Rohan

Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:24 PM
  • there's too much funky html for the CEWP to handle.

Instead of a redirect, I've set the html page as the home page. I just wanted to know if I needed to sharepointify it in anyway?

Can I setup a page with a frame so that it points to an external page? how can I do that?

Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can upload custom .html page into SharePoint pages library, but the page will not display the most SharePoint part in your .html page such as:

• You can apply the SharePoint master page to .html page
    • Top navigation, bread crumb, quick launch etc will not available

What I want to suggest you is, better you put the content what ever is in BODY tag of .html page in SharePoint landing page (ex: Default.aspx or Home.aspx) with in content place holder main, then try to adjust the code as per the compatability.

Let me know if you need further information in detail

Best Regards, G Vijai Kumar | My Sharepoint Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Or use a SharePoint page - add a Page Viewer Webpart, and then point the page viewer webpart to the .html page
    Friday, April 6, 2012 1:53 PM