none
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio still crashing when opening a database diagram RRS feed

• Question

• I have a diagram that ssms v18.3.1 cannot open.

Instead, the program stops executing.

I can send a backup of the database to any Microsoft employee that verifies as such.

Friday, October 4, 2019 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi 

This is a known issue as part of SSMS V18.3.1 release notes hope the below is your case.

Meaning: 

Database Diagram created from SSMS running on machine A cannot be modified from machine B (SSMS crashes). See UserVoice for more details.

Reference:- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/release-notes-ssms?view=sql-server-2017#known-issues-1831

SQL Server team is working on this. Please vote in the below feedback forum for the same issue resolution request.

Feedback Forum:- https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035/suggestions/37992649

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

• Proposed as answer by José Diz Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:54 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 3:25 PM
  • Hi Anders Bill Lindén,

As mentioned by nkumar230, it is a known issue in ssms18.x. Before it is fixed, I recommend you using ssms17.9.1 first.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial reply helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:40 AM