Adding new server to farm: Configuration failed. License state doesn't match RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I am trying to add a new app server to our prod SP2013 farm (consists of app1, wfe1, owa1).   Adding app2.  Received this error previously, but resolved.  Now getting this message:

An exception of type System.InvalidOperationException was thrown.  Additional exception information: The current server cannot be joined to this farm because the set of installed products does not match the products installed in the farm.

The license state for the current server doesn't match the farm's license state.

Found this blog that mentions to run Set-SPFarmConfig –InstalledProductsRefresh on any of the existing servers (e.g., app1).   Would that cause any issues with the existing setup?

Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:35 PM

Answers

• I got it resolved.  I copied the value of the 32-digit GUID from existing app1 server and replaced it on app2 server that I had set to 0 on previously.     Configuration successful. 
    • Marked as answer by XRS Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:43 PM
    • Edited by XRS Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:20 PM
    Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:43 PM

All replies

• I got it resolved.  I copied the value of the 32-digit GUID from existing app1 server and replaced it on app2 server that I had set to 0 on previously.     Configuration successful. 
    • Marked as answer by XRS Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:43 PM
    • Edited by XRS Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:20 PM
    Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

Congratulations on solving this issue and thanks for sharing your solution.

It will do great help to those who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:43 AM