Vista 1001 DHCP-Client eventlog RRS feed

• Question

• Subject above is shown in the event viewer after Vista tries to connect to our DHCP L3 Cisco 3550 switch.  We have lots of students trying to connect with Vista machines and are not able to pull an IP address.  All other OS computers work fine.  I have tried lots of different thing to no avail.  However, if I hardcode a Vista computer the connection works fine.  Please let me know what else I can try?

kind regards,

Rick

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:24 PM

Answers

• Mostly this will be an issue with Cisco 3550 switch. Can you update the firmware /IOS update on the Cisco device and check ? Meanwhile, can you send us the netmon captures and DHCP event logs to ftdhcp@microsoft.com

Thanks

Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:55 PM

All replies

• Mostly this will be an issue with Cisco 3550 switch. Can you update the firmware /IOS update on the Cisco device and check ? Meanwhile, can you send us the netmon captures and DHCP event logs to ftdhcp@microsoft.com

Thanks

Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:55 PM
  • Was this ever resolved?  I am having similar issues with a Cisco wireless access point.  In addition, I have updated the firmware to the latest release with no luck.

Thank you,

Becky

Friday, June 15, 2007 7:31 PM
  • This wasn't resolved yet as of I knew. I'm waiting netmon captures.

Thanks

Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:35 AM
  • It seems that vista does not grab an ip address from a cisco dhcp server.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

Normally VISTA should get IPaddress from any RFC standard DHCPServer. If you are facing any problem , it would be great you  can share us the NETMON Captures while doing IPCONFIG /renew to find the find the issue. You can get the latest netmon from HTTP://www.microsoft.com/downloads

Thanks

Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:25 AM
  • Try the following KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233 

This can potentially solve the issue.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:23 AM