Initialize & Uninitialize INapSystemHealthAgentBinding RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello!

I develop SHA for NAP, and have some problem.

When I start SHA I call INapSystemHealthAgentBinding->Initialize( mySystemHealthId, myCallback )

This call is successfull. But if my SHA crashed ( so there are now call of INapSystemHealthAgentBinding->Uninitialize() ), when I start SHA again, INapSystemHealthAgentBinding->Initialize( mySystemHealthId, myCallback ) returned ERROR_ALREADY_INITIALIZED

What I need to do in this case? I was trying call  INapSystemHealthAgentBinding->Uninitialize(), but it return in this case NAP_E_NOT_INITIALIZED

So, if my SHA crashed I need restart NetworkAgent service

NAP_E_NOT_INITIALIZED

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Baily

As you have seen, there is currently no rebinding mechanism in NAP Agent for a SHA that has crashed.  The NAP Agent service indeed will need to be restarted to facilitate the crashed SHA being able to correctly initialize again. 

That being said, a crashing SHA should always be investigated and fixed preferably before being put in production. 

Thanks for your post - let me know if you have any further questions.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Baily

As you have seen, there is currently no rebinding mechanism in NAP Agent for a SHA that has crashed.  The NAP Agent service indeed will need to be restarted to facilitate the crashed SHA being able to correctly initialize again. 

That being said, a crashing SHA should always be investigated and fixed preferably before being put in production. 

Thanks for your post - let me know if you have any further questions.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 7:04 PM
  • Hi Lambert.

Thanks for answer!

Yes, I have new question

When I unregister my dll where INapComponentInfo is implemented, I see that this dll is still locked by Network Policy Server. So when I deinstalled my SHV component I need to restart NPS.

Is it possible to unload my dll from PVS without restarting PVS?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:10 PM
  • If you have NPS MMC Snap-in opened, there is possible changes that the DLL is still locked, this is COM behaviour. Can you close the MMC and try again ?

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    • Proposed as answer by RamaSubbu SK Monday, December 8, 2008 6:00 PM
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:00 PM