EXC2013 DAG removal issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am having an issue here.  I have 4 exchanger server 2013 in my environments . over 2000 MailBox user

2 x CAS ( Cas1.domain.local, cas2.domain.local)

2 X MB ( mb1.domain.local, mb2.domain.local)

My Exchange DAG has failed. and need to remove it. in the mean time databases are in unmount status. cant delete DAG or Cant remove DAG member servers.

Error :

An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API failed: OpenByNames('mb2.domain.local', 'mb1.domain.local') failed for each server. Specific exceptions: 'An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API failed: "OpenCluster(mb1.domain.local) failed with 0x6d9. Error: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper"', 'An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API failed: "OpenCluster(mb1.domain.local) failed with 0x6d9. Error: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Could anyone outhere who can help?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Sahin,

Welcome to our forum.

I agree with above suggestion, we should troubleshoot how to mount database instead of removing DAG directly.

By this issue, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot for mounting Exchange database:

1. Make sure all Exchange services are running on all Exchange servers 
    2. Check network between Exchange and AD (include Ping and DNS resolve)
    3. Run AD replication manually
    4. Check if there are any errors in application log and post them for our troubleshooting

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, July 8, 2016 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:28 AM

All replies

• why you want to remove it and not to fix it? 

did you find out why the DAG has failed?

Do you have FSW configures, did you check it the FSW is online and accessible from the mailbox server.?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:32 PM
  • Hi Sahin,

Welcome to our forum.

I agree with above suggestion, we should troubleshoot how to mount database instead of removing DAG directly.

By this issue, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot for mounting Exchange database:

1. Make sure all Exchange services are running on all Exchange servers 
    2. Check network between Exchange and AD (include Ping and DNS resolve)
    3. Run AD replication manually
    4. Check if there are any errors in application log and post them for our troubleshooting

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, July 8, 2016 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:28 AM