Trunks and DirectAccess Configuration missing after applying Forefront UAG 2010 Service Pack 2 RRS feed

• Question

• After applying UAG 2010 Service Pack 2 we noticed that trunks and DirectAccess configuration are displayed correctly when opening the UAG 2010 management console. I found some ISAPI event message ID's which pointing to the whl.dll which couldn't be loaded. After performing a rollback both trunks and DirectAccess configuration are displayed normaly through the UAG management console.

Steps performed:

• Installed TMG 2010 SP2 (reboot)
    • Installed UAG 2010 SP1 Update 1 (reboot) normal behaviour
    • Installed UAG 2010 SP2 (reboot) problem introduced

I've installed succesfully installed SP2 by other customers with the difference they have no trunks defined. Has someone encountered this behaviour as well ?

Ronny de Jong | inovativ.nl | Blog: donnystyle.wordpress.com | Twitter: twitter.com/ronnydejong

Friday, August 24, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

• After Installing UAG 2010 SP1 Update 1 and before trying to install UAG SP2 did you activate the UAG configuration? I have seen this in few instances, activation is needed between the UAG updates that may include some schema changes otherwise the old configuration will be wipped off once you apply the new update that has a schema change.

HTH

Monday, August 27, 2012 3:25 PM
  • And just to confirm, I have installed SP2 on boxes that are running both DirectAccess and UAG portals and have not had this problem.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Great tip, keep that in mind! Thanks for confirming and sharing your thoughts HTH/Jordan

Ronny de Jong | inovativ.nl | Blog: donnystyle.wordpress.com | Twitter: twitter.com/ronnydejong

Friday, August 31, 2012 1:57 PM