none
Moving data from SCCM 2010 to SCCM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone who knows more about DPM than I do!

I have two old 2008r2 servers that are being backed up by DPM 2010.  The two old servers are going to be soon replaced by two new 2016 servers.  These servers store scanned images on an array that's used for storage.  There's too many files to count and they total into the terabytes.  When the new 2016 servers are brought online to replace the aging 2008r2 servers they'll attach to the storage and continue placing scanned images there daily.

I have already built a new 2019 DPM backup server that I intend to use to backup the new 2016 servers once they're online.  When that happens, I'm going to need a way to move the already backed up data into the new DPM server because we don't have enough available storage to make another copy of the backups using the new 2019 DPM server.

Does this make sense or do I need to clarify more?

I just want a way to basically attach my new DPM server to the data already backed up by the older one.  I want to avoid having to make fresh backups using the new DPM server.

Any suggestions or intelligent insights that can be bestowed upon me in my endeavor? 

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:53 PM

Answers

All replies