Can not add company account for outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I just install new Office 2016 and can not add my company email to outlook 2016.

I am from Vietnam and have to use VPN to connect to Exchange server 2010 outside.

Previously, I used outlook 2010 and it was OK.

It seems that the Outlook 2016 can not put me in correct DNS and can not find my email address.

Is there anyone have the same problem and how can I solve this issue?

Thanks!

Monday, March 28, 2016 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Hieutk,

Please try to my above suggestions, we suggest you contact Exchange administrator of your company.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:50 AM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the Exchange Online (Office 365) Forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onlineservicesexchange/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:47 AM
  • Hi Hieutk,

Welcome to Technet forum.

Did you use the different PC to have a try?

Is there an error when you configure outlook account using outlook 2016?

In addition to above suggestions, please make sure PC which Office 2016 has been installed could connect to Exchange CAS server (include Ping and DNS resolve). Then clear all outlook profiles and Windows profile on Windows client PC to check if the issue persist or you could try to use other PCs to check if outlook could connect to Exchange server. 

We also suggest you post this case to the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook 

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi Jim Xu,

I tried my PC with outlook 2010 and it works perfectly.

But when I tried to add account in outlook 2016, it could not connect to server.

Beside that I am not IT expert and I look more stupid when running around Microsoft forums without real help.

Thanks anyway! 

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:21 AM
  • Make sure that Office 2016 has all the latest updates.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:33 PM
  • Hi Hieutk,

Please try to my above suggestions, we suggest you contact Exchange administrator of your company.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:50 AM
  • LOL, Jim Xu, you're working from my playbook now, are you?

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:48 AM