Right when I need Sticky Notes.... RRS feed

• Question

• I thought I just did something wrong until I stumbled upon this forum. Does anyone know when these problems are going to get fixed? I need the previous version of sticky notes asap. Looks like they let Jimmy the intern come up with the new sticky note changes and look where it left us..... Now I can't even see my wallpaper with all these big ass sticky notes. Really planned this one out Jimmy.... of course it's not going to get fixed for awhile since Microsoft is a huge corporation so the time it takes to get anything accomplished is a touch longer than it should. 

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have previous Windows image or Windows.old file which was created after upgrade this version:

If the C:\Windows.old…Windows\System32 directory is still intact, simply copy “StikyNot.exe” to your Windows\System32 folder and create a shortcut to it on your desktop. The program still works in Windows 10 version 1607.

Another option would be to obtain the ISO image of 10586.494 (preferably) and extract the file to your Windows\System32 folder.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 8:47 AM