Distribution list in Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I'm trying to set up a distribtion list in Exchange (hybrid 365 environment with Exchange 2010 on-prem). We're scheduling an outage of our VPN system and we need to communicate it to our users. 

We have an AD group to which they have all been added to give access. I had hoped that we could use that as a distribution group but it wouldn't sync to 365 as it wasn't in an OU which is synced with the cloud. 

I created a specific DL instead, nested the VPN security group inside it and synced it with 365 and the email was sent out. I was expecting Exchange to expand the group and distribute it to the members but that doesn't seem to have worked. 

When you look at the group in 365, it has no members, which I find odd as I thought that would have carried through. 

Is what I am trying to do possible or will we need to look at a different method of doing this? 

Thanks! 
    Lewis 

Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:14 PM

Answers

• As you have left the original group in a location that is NOT in the scope of DirSync, that's the expected behavior.
    • Marked as answer by l.d.thomson Friday, April 20, 2018 8:37 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:11 PM

All replies

• As you have left the original group in a location that is NOT in the scope of DirSync, that's the expected behavior.
    • Marked as answer by l.d.thomson Friday, April 20, 2018 8:37 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:11 PM
  • OK, thanks, that's what I thought. We'll need to come up with something else.. 
    Friday, April 20, 2018 8:37 AM