none
Server 2019 VDI on Hyper-V cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm not sure what to put this under but I am having an issue with creating a Microsoft VDI collection on to a Hyper-V cluster.

I have 3 Hyper-V hosts in a cluster and the Connection Broker is a VM on this cluster.  I am trying to deploy to the same cluster.

From this connection broker I can create the collection fine if I select to store the VM on the virtualization host at a specific folder but if I choose to store on a cluster shared volume then the setup fails with the following (original VM names and ID replaced):

Failed to export virtual machine "VMTemplate". Can not merge Automatic VHD chain for 'C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1\VDI\VMTeplate_1833A97A-5803-480E-8659-E44C01D950DA.avhdx'

I did notice that the Connection Broker creates a folder "C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1\VDI\Win10" on itself (Win10 is the collection name I was giving it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:42 PM

All replies

• This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi Danie1zhou,

Thanks heaps for responding but the situation is now resolved.

It appears there was an issue with the hyperV host because I created a new template and when I tried to create a collection the new template did not appear on there.

I restarted the "Remote Desktop Virtualization Host Agent" on the HyperV host and everything has been working fine since then.

It just so happens that I was using a host with no VMs and stayed put on that host without trying the other hosts (which probably would have worked)

Hope this helps someone else

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Nice to hear that! Thanks for your sharing!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:03 AM