none
Project Server 2010 using midnight for SharePoint Deliverable Time Stamps RRS feed

• Question

• One of the things we liked about v2010 was that it takes the time of day stamp that is used in start/finish and applies the same time of day stamp to Deliverable Start/Finish fields (this is not true for v2007).

We just got done standing up a new Server and we noticed that the time of day is not being passed when we create/update a SharePoint Deliverable.  The time of day is midnight. What are we doing wrong?  Is there a configuration setting that we missed?

Monday, July 21, 2014 3:51 PM

Answers

• The issue was that myself and my developer were issued new machines.  Silly us, we assumed that the IT department honored our request for Service Pack 2 with the install.  Once we had SP2 loaded everything was fine.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 5:34 PM

All replies

• Make sure time is synced and you have your time zones correct.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:45 AM
  • Hi Michael -

Where can I find those options?

Chris

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:53 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Our central admin changed the time zone to Eastern.  We are still getting the midnight time-of-day stamps on our Deliverable start/finish.

Arrrggggghhhhh!

Chris

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:19 PM
  • Is it possible that this is an issue with SharePoint and not Server?
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Update: this only occurs when we UPDATE a Deliverable.  We also are noticing that it occurs for myself and one other user, but not our super-admin.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:42 PM
  • The issue was that myself and my developer were issued new machines.  Silly us, we assumed that the IT department honored our request for Service Pack 2 with the install.  Once we had SP2 loaded everything was fine.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 5:34 PM