5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

Have a company that is trying to blast out  infomation to a client via email. Mail is getting held up with an error:

5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering.

Anyone know where this is getting caught on the mail server? I am looking in the EAC and the malware filter is set to Lowest. Client has Mimecast, but they are saying it is being blocked by the server and not them.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi mdavis3995,

According to the error message, the problematic emails are blocked by the content filter. To understand more about the issue, I’d like to confirm the following information:

1. Does the problematic has some similar content?
    2. Does the error happen on regular senders and recipient?

I recommend you to start from seeing the content filtering settings on your server. Run the command Get-ContentFilterConfig to check if you have configured content filtering with some custom words. If there are custom words, I recommend you remove all custom words to check the result.

If the issue persists, please add the address of the company as BypassedSenders to check the result.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:06 AM

All replies