none
GPO server 2008 - Auto detect settings enable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

When creating a new GPO, and no settings are defined within the policy, when checking the config setting for auto detect settings - this has a tick / enabled ? - why is this enabled by default ?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:55 AM

Answers

• That is due to codeing but you can change that if you have the proxy server.

User should get the internet If there is no proxy & that is the default setting in GPO. 

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas
    My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

• Edited by bshwjt Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by chizzel-1976 Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:55 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:58 AM

All replies

• That is due to codeing but you can change that if you have the proxy server.

User should get the internet If there is no proxy & that is the default setting in GPO. 

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas
    My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

• Edited by bshwjt Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by chizzel-1976 Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:55 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Thanks ..

What concerns me is that if this config is enabled by default and does not show in the settings portion of the GPO when a blank new GPO is created .. surley this should be "unticked" by default .. as a blank GPO should have NO settings enabled ..

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Hello,

you may better ask the GPO experts in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/threads

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Thanks Meinolf ... will do
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:54 AM