Why does MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview still have a section in the task sequence for Sysprep.inf? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Isn't Sysprep.inf meant for XP/2003? Why is this still here? I am trying to do a build and capture of Windows 10 and I am getting the error: "Unable to find sysprep.inf"

Why would a Windows 10 image need that file?

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 1:12 AM

All replies

• According to this screen grab from LTISysprep.wsf, MDT thinks that Windows 10 (build 10075) is less than 6000?

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 1:40 AM
  • Is this because "OSCurrentBuild" is a string? And "10075" is < a string of "6000".
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 1:43 AM
  • I haven't messed with the preview, but MDT 2013 doesn't support XP and yet if you look inside LTISysprep.wsf you find:

' Make sure the C:\Sysprep directory exists and that it contains sysprep.inf

oUtility.VerifyPathExists "C:\Sysprep"
    If not oFSO.FileExists("C:\Sysprep\sysprep.inf") then

If oFSO.FileExists(oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot") & "\Control\" & oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID") & "\Sysprep.inf") then
    		oLogging.CreateEntry "Copying " & oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot") & "\Control\" & oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID") & "\Sysprep.inf to C:\Sysprep\Sysprep.inf", LogTypeInfo
    		oFSO.CopyFile oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot") & "\Control\" & oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID") & "\Sysprep.inf", "C:\Sysprep\Sysprep.inf", true
    	Else
    		oLogging.CreateEntry "Unable to find Sysprep.inf, image deployment may not be automated", LogTypeWarning
    	End if
    End if
    Did they finally add the code to rearm Office 2013?

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 1:46 AM
  • This blog post appears to address my issue.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2015/03/28/mdt-updates-for-windows-10-technical-preview-build-10041.aspx

It includes update template .xml files and updated script files, LTISysprep being one of them. Here is the change from the 'stock' one and the new one from the blog post. Notice that the build number is now compared as an integer and not a string.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:00 PM