none
UAG Update 1 Help File broken? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and applied the UAG Update 1 and part of that is a .CHM file that you are supposed to replace the one found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\common\help.  The problem is that I can't seem to read the contents of that CHM file.  If I open it on the Server or on my Windows 7 workstation I get the same error message:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:
       Retype the address.

I tried downloading the help file again from a couple different computers and still get the same thing no matter where I try to navigate in the file.  If I open the origial help file it works fine.  Am I missing something?

• Changed type MrShannon Monday, May 10, 2010 10:48 PM I asked a question
    Monday, May 10, 2010 7:29 PM

Answers

• That was it, thanks D!

Note: I was unable to effect these changes from the Program Files directory.  I had to copy the file someplace else, unblock it and then copy it to the Program Files sub folder where I was promoted for admin access when it copied the file.  Something to do with UAC I am sure.

• Marked as answer by MrShannon Monday, May 10, 2010 10:49 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 10:48 PM

All replies

• Try right clicking the file, go to properties and unblock.
    Advanced Technology Consultant
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:41 PM
  • That was it, thanks D!

Note: I was unable to effect these changes from the Program Files directory.  I had to copy the file someplace else, unblock it and then copy it to the Program Files sub folder where I was promoted for admin access when it copied the file.  Something to do with UAC I am sure.

• Marked as answer by MrShannon Monday, May 10, 2010 10:49 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 10:48 PM