Cloud Services Process Pack Runbook Installation Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install the latest Clould Services process pack into our lab. I was able to install the Service manager components without error, however I can not install the runbooks. I am trying to install the runbooks using the runbooks service account to rule out permissions. It is a member of a Windows group in AD which has permissions to create runbooks, folders, run runbooks etc. I validated this by logging in with that account in the runbook designer. It looks like the installation maybe looking for a specific windows group name that I don't have in AD. Any help ? Installation logs below.

I am unable to paste in the log for some reason.

Error: The current user is not a valid Sytem Center Orchestrator user

Below is a piece of the error log:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComException (0x800708AC): The group name could not be found.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.Find(String name, String schemaClassName)

at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Essentials.SetupFramework.HelperClasses.SystemStateDetection.CheckSCOUser(string userName)

• Edited by pdmahaf Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:49 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For not valid user, can you please check for the following link?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/archive/2012/05/10/faq-cloud-service-mp-pre-req-error-the-current-user-is-not-a-valid-system-center-orchestrator-user.aspx

Sincerely,

Murat Demirkiran

If the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. www.scvmm2012.com (TR Language) Please note that I'm not a Microsoft Representative or SpokesPerson.

• Marked as answer by pdmahaf Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:54 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For not valid user, can you please check for the following link?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/archive/2012/05/10/faq-cloud-service-mp-pre-req-error-the-current-user-is-not-a-valid-system-center-orchestrator-user.aspx

Sincerely,

Murat Demirkiran

If the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. www.scvmm2012.com (TR Language) Please note that I'm not a Microsoft Representative or SpokesPerson.

• Marked as answer by pdmahaf Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:54 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Thank You, this worked geate.
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Reason: if you run orchetstrator setup with OrchestartorUserGroup Created in Active Directory, you will face this issue.

To fix that i have follow-up mentioned steps.

Step1. Installed Orchestrator with local group which creates the required local OrchestratorUserGroup in Orchestrator Server.

Note: it will create two local groups in Orchestrator in OrchestratorUserGroup and OrchestratorSystemGroup.

Step2. then i removed the orchestrator, leave its database, restarted the Orchestrator server.

Note: Now,there is only OrchestratorUserGroup  is available in Local group, so leave it because it is required for cloud process pack installation.

Step3.Run the setup again , install the orchestrator with OrchestratorUserGroup created in Active Directory , use Existing database .

Step4. After that i installed Cloud Process pack, it works fine for me.

Thanks

Kirpal Singh

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

I hve followed the below steps to resolve the issue without reinstalling the orchestrator.

Created local group "OrchestratorUsersGroup" on orchestrator managment server and added the installation user account in that group. After following the above steps issue got resolved and pre requisites is passed.

Thanks

Manzoor Ahmed

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:11 AM