error while configuring monitoring server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have two VMs one is SQL 2008 and Other is MOSS....

i have installed PPS2007 with SP1... installations were fine but when i tried to configure the monitoring server, while giving the  SQL Server location as SQL2008(this is the name of the instance)  its showing me an error saying "connection to the SQL Server instance failed.Check log files for details"

any help regarding this....

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Azhar..

Monday, June 23, 2008 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Azhar,

SQL Server 2008 is not supported with PerformancePoint Server 2007.   When the SQL Server 2008 RTM there will be PerformancePoint service pack release to support it

FYI SQL Server 2005 Environment - Please make sure PPSMonitoringWebService Application Pool has SA privilege to access the PPSMonitoring Database.  Once the configuration is completed please remove it and follow the Deployment documentation - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838693(TechNet.10).aspx 

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, June 23, 2008 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Azhar,

SQL Server 2008 is not supported with PerformancePoint Server 2007.   When the SQL Server 2008 RTM there will be PerformancePoint service pack release to support it

FYI SQL Server 2005 Environment - Please make sure PPSMonitoringWebService Application Pool has SA privilege to access the PPSMonitoring Database.  Once the configuration is completed please remove it and follow the Deployment documentation - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838693(TechNet.10).aspx 

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, June 23, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Hi Sundar,

Thanks a lot for responding.... I have got a couple of doubts...

i have installed SP1 for PPS 2007, now doesn't that support SQL2008..

also i am installing PPS on MOSS machine and while trying to give the machine name on which SQL 2008 is there, its showing me the error...

previously, i use to have another VM(SQL) on which SQL 2005 was there.I tried giving machine name as SQL on the configuration wizard and the data base got created...it is only when i try to give this new instance name on which SQL2008 is there its showing me the error..

Thanks in Advance...

Best Regards,

Azhar               

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:15 AM
  • Hi Azhar,

Please clarify your response it is not clear

FYI: PerformancePoint Server is not certified on SQL Server 2008.   PerformancePoint Server Service Pack 1 supports only Windows 2008.   SQL Server 2005 instance name is user defined name.     Whenever SQL Server 2008 is released there will be new service pack release for PerformancePoint Server to support it.

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:00 PM