none
Task Level Unique ID field. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In Project Pro you can add the task level field Inique ID to the view. I need to report this field on a report, and can't seem to find it in any of the Project Server 2010 database fields. Can anyone tell me the table or view and the database that I can find the task level Unique ID field for reporting? Thanks for your assistance! :)

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:47 PM

Answers

• There are three ID fields in the MSP_EpmTask_UserView; TaskUID, TaskIndex and TaskClientUniqueId.  TaskUID is a GUID, TaskIndex corresponds to the Task positional ID and TaskClientUniqueId corresponds to the Unique Id field in Project Professional.

Hope this helps

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:37 PM

All replies

• The task index (if it is what you can talking about) is in the MSP_EpmTask_UserView table of the reporting DB.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:56 PM
  • Unfortunately I had been using this field, but they want the Unique ID field that you can add to the screen in MS Pro desktop, and I can't find it in the database. Logically I don't think this is the field they want, in all my years doing reporting I've always used the Task Index, but they won't listen to me. I have to prove them wrong by finding the field and putting it on the report. :(

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:12 PM
  • Have you anyway tried to query the "TaskIndex" from the Reporting DB?

If you confirm that it isn't the task unique ID you're looking for, I'm afraid that the task unique ID is just meant to be seen in Project Pro for scheduling purpose and not reporting purpose. Thus it'll not be in the Reporting DB. 

Eventhough it is neither documented nor documented, you might have a look to the draft DB.

Hope this helps. 

• Proposed as answer by Jalal blali Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:29 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 7:32 PM
  • There are three ID fields in the MSP_EpmTask_UserView; TaskUID, TaskIndex and TaskClientUniqueId.  TaskUID is a GUID, TaskIndex corresponds to the Task positional ID and TaskClientUniqueId corresponds to the Unique Id field in Project Professional.

Hope this helps

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:37 PM
  • Indeed Mike I missed this one!

As Mike suggests, you can try the TaskClientUniqueId from the table dbo.MSP_EpmTask or MSP_EpmTask_UserView in the reporting database.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:47 PM
  • Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the assistance!

Cheers, Ray

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Quite some time ago, I created an new Task ECF which used a formula 

=[UniqueID] which I could easily pull into reports and show in the task views.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Hi All,

How can I get the master project "Unique ID" in SQL Database table -  where are they stored ?

Background info:

As you guys know that a individual sub project has "Unique ID" for every single line item in the schedule and when we link this to master project the "Unique ID" changes and gets different ID. I am looking for this ID.

I have 14 schedules and all of them link to one master project and this master project also has some line items plus 14 each linked sub projects. As they are shown all in one file / one view in ms project pro the every single items gets an "Unique ID" that is different than the "Unique ID" when we open sub projects individually.

Regards,

Akito

Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:16 AM