pfn list corrupt Blue screen on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Just put windows 7 on my computer and got a few blue screens already. I have a few minidump files rared here if that would help diagnose the issue
    http://min.us/mH9cCgWep

anything else I can copy here to figure it out? from what Ive read this is commonly a driver issue, so hopefully I can get a better driver or something if thats what I need to do.

thanks

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

BugCheck 4E, {99, 0, 0, ffffffff}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+24 )

From the previous technical article, this indicates that a page table entry (PTE) or PFN is corrupted.

Currently, I suggest you run the memory diagnose tool to check if memory is corrupted:

1.    Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems. if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.    Choose when to run the tool.

If this could find any error, we need to debug the crashed system dump, it is highly recommended to contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) to solid troubleshoot the issue.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 26, 2011 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Bug Check 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I cannot download the dump files from the link, please upload it in SkyDrive for analyzing.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:13 AM
  • ok here it is: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=013eb6015cc774fb&sc=documents&id=13EB6015CC774FB%21110#

The crash seems to happen after being in sleep mode most of the time

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Hi,

BugCheck 4E, {99, 0, 0, ffffffff}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+24 )

From the previous technical article, this indicates that a page table entry (PTE) or PFN is corrupted.

Currently, I suggest you run the memory diagnose tool to check if memory is corrupted:

1.    Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems. if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.    Choose when to run the tool.

If this could find any error, we need to debug the crashed system dump, it is highly recommended to contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) to solid troubleshoot the issue.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 26, 2011 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Hi, this is typically either a hardware error or an error that requires
    driver verifier, please feel free to see the following link for more
    troubleshooting steps,

-- Mike Burr
    Technology
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:49 PM