Public Calendar & Contacts on Android RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up an Office 365 test environment and have a question regarding Public Calendar and Contacts being sync'd to Android and IOS. I know you cannot sync this information using Public folders and would like to know the best practice to get this done. The two suggestions I have had are:

1. Create a Office 365 account called PB Contacts and and one called PB Calendar and share those calendars with users and these will show up on my mobile devices.

2. Use SharePoint- how do I configure this and is it as user friendly and robust as it is in Outlook?

Thank you!

Mark

• Edited by Chilaman Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:01 PM
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• I would go with First Option, as it looks simple and easy to implement and manage.
    Not sure how will you do it in SharePoint

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

My Blog: Exchange Ranger

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:07 AM
  • You could use SharePoint, but then you would need to use third party apps for syncing the contacts to Android. For example Contact Sync for SharePoint (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rubikssolutions.sharepointconnector) gets your SP contacts to your phone's native contact list. I'm not sure if calendar syncing is possible however.
    • Edited by MartR Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:35 PM
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:17 PM