none
Windows Server 2011 SBS

Question

• Hi I have added 2 new users in Active Directory users and computers but when I go to the Windows SBS 2011 Console to users and Groups they are not listed.  The users can login to the server and get to their data but I now want to assign a Workstation they can access via Remote Web Access but their usernames do not show on the list on  the Console - why is that and how canI fix it.

Thanks,

Gary Reid

Monday, July 2, 2018 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to add user account using SBS Console.

In general, if you add user account using native tool, such as Active Directory Users and Computers, necessary attributes are not added so that you are unable to see it on SBS Console.

However, if you add user account via SBS Console, user account is automatically added to Active Directory Users and Computers.

So, it is recommended to use SBS Console to manage user account, including adding new user account.

User Accounts Do Not Show Up in the Windows SBS Console:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/969554/user-accounts-do-not-show-up-in-the-windows-sbs-console

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:58 AM