SCSM 2016: Is it possible to change EnumerationValue ID in an existing Management Pack? RRS feed

• Question

• I occasionally create new list items for incident classifications on an ad-hoc basis using the console which assigns the EnumerationValue ID (in the MP XML) in GUID format, i.e. "Enum.79434d67df37e4ea2a365c913b517625e"

However when I have a large number of additions to do I edit the MP XML diretly and use a human readable EnumerationValue IDs such as, "IncidentClassificationEnum.BusinessApplications.ActiveDirectory"

Is it possible to replace the GUID ID with a human readable ID without causing issues? If it is possible is it advisable? 

Thanks in advance!

Friday, March 16, 2018 5:24 PM

Answers

• If you modify the GUID of an enumeration it will affect all Items objects the old enum is used (the enum GUId is linked to the Incident object). Also it will affect the incident templates the enum is in use (the enum GUId is linked to the Incident template). Last but not least it effects the SCSM data warehouse data (the enum GUID is linked in the reporting data).

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, March 16, 2018 10:53 PM

All replies

• If you modify the GUID of an enumeration it will affect all Items objects the old enum is used (the enum GUId is linked to the Incident object). Also it will affect the incident templates the enum is in use (the enum GUId is linked to the Incident template). Last but not least it effects the SCSM data warehouse data (the enum GUID is linked in the reporting data).

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, March 16, 2018 10:53 PM
  • Thanks Andreas, I was hoping I had missed something in my research but you have confirmed what I suspected and saved me wasting more time trying to find a solution that does not exist.
    Monday, March 19, 2018 6:11 PM