locked
WSUS client reports to OLD WSUS server. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    We have migrated our old WSUS server from win2k3 to win2k8 and All client point to new WSUS server

    with Client-Side- Targeting GPO.

    Almost 95% client reports to New WSUS servers but 5 % client still reports to old WSUS servers.

    I did below troubleshooting but No luck.

    1.       Check GPO setting and all GPO configured correctly example other workstation from same OU pointed to new but few workstation pointed to old.
    2.        Delete object from old WSUS console but again point to old WSUS servers.
    3.       If I run  REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" then got the correct new wsus name in value.
    4.       I did restart and run wuauclt /detectnow & wuauclt /reportnow but still same issue.

    Can anyone suggest any another option apart from above which help me to solve the problem?  


    Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:28 AM

Answers

  • stop windows update service

    delete the entire WindowsUpdate registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

    reboot and check again

    if no go, check gpedit.msc locally on the problematic endpoints to see if anything is defined for WU

    check rsop.msc to see if there are conflicting policies

    the only time I ran into this issue was because SCCM as stealing my clients due to overlapping configurations

    Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:10 PM

All replies

  • Am 21.05.2015 schrieb Rohan Paikade:

    We have migrated our old WSUS server from win2k3 to win2k8 and All client point to new WSUS server

    Pls check if your build the latest build, in this image you can see
    where you will find the latest build
    number:http://www.wsus.de/images/wsus-version.png

    If your build is lower then .274 pls install the update:

    WSUS 3.0 (SP2):     Build 3.2.7600.226
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2720211:     Build 3.2.7600.251
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2734608:     Build 3.2.7600.256
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2828185:     Build 3.2.7600.262
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2938066:     Build 3.2.7600.274

    Almost 95% client reports to New WSUS servers but 5 % client still reports to old WSUS servers.

    On the clients they are not reporting run a commandline with admin
    rights:

    net stop wuauserv
    rd /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
    net start wuauserv
    wuauclt /detectnow
    wuauclt /reportnow

    Wait 10 Minutes, report the client now to the new server?


    Servus
    Winfried

    Gruppenrichtlinien
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum Local Update Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

    Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

    Thanks for revert... I tried above your option but NO luck.. Again client contact to old wsus.

    I also check with object delete but NO luck.

    If have any other suggestion... please suggest.

    Thanks

    Rohan

    Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:32 PM
  • stop windows update service

    delete the entire WindowsUpdate registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

    reboot and check again

    if no go, check gpedit.msc locally on the problematic endpoints to see if anything is defined for WU

    check rsop.msc to see if there are conflicting policies

    the only time I ran into this issue was because SCCM as stealing my clients due to overlapping configurations

    Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:10 PM