Ok guys I need an honest assessment... RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I have held off thus far from partaking of the proclaimed by many "Cursed Vista OS", and have been waiting for the major issues to get ironed out. However now I am faced with a dilema since I am going to have to buy my wife a new Notebook/Laptop computer and this wouldnt be a problem if I were building a desktop system since I would have full control over everything installed from hardware to software, but with a Laptop my options are severely limited to what these manufacturers slap into them as far as software and most of the hardware.

So my question is this; "Is Vista still a big problem and something to be avoided? Or have the major issues been worked out?"

The reason I need to know is so that I dont dump a huge problem on my wife who is going back to school, she also isnt nearly the techie freak I am and would be extremely put off by tech problems if they occured on her at school.

So please help me see if vista is ready for my wife? Since I know she isnt ready for problems...
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:28 AM

All replies

• Buy her a Windows Vista Home Premium system, make sure she runs Windows Update (Recommended/Important/Optional) + the OEM's updates once a week.

Make sure you purchase a system with at least 1GB of memory or more.

Definitely purchase a 1 year AntiVirus / AntiSpyware subscription....

Don't install software / hardware that don't fly the Certified for Windows Vista Logo if you want to be safe.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:51 PM