none
Name server record RRS feed

• Question

• I have a URL for which a delegation is created in my parent domain DNS zone. Under the delegation folder there are Name server records pointing to 4 load balancers. When I nslookup to these load balancer names it resolves to some ip's for example: 10.233.130.32. However when I nslookup to that URL, first I get DNS request timed out and then I URL resolves to 10.233.130.31

I am not sure how the URL is pointing to 10.233.130.31 in nslookup, when the ip address of the name servers is: 10.233.130.32.All four load balancers have different ip address however none of them have ip address: 10.233.130.31  Please assist.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi sam,

DO you have this issue for all records.Or it is only to this URL?

You also could check your DNS server's forwarder or conditional forwarder settings.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:18 AM

All replies

• You may want to use a network sniffer to see the DNS requests and responses you are receiving.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:37 PM
  • Hi sam,

DO you have this issue for all records.Or it is only to this URL?

You also could check your DNS server's forwarder or conditional forwarder settings.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Could you send ipconfig from client computer? Which DNS servers setting on client network interface. And please look at A record in you parent domain DNS zone with same name.

Sergey Seryogin

Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:09 AM