none
Windows 10 Icon Problem for .jpg / Edge / PDF - White Page icon in taskbar and desktop

Question

• Hi, all of a sudden and for no reason, various icons have stopped loading for both the programs and files used by these programs: 

.JPG
    .PDF
    Microsoft Edge
    Various Windows Programs

The programs still work fine but I would like to have the icons back.

This seems to be a problem that many people are having but I can find no definite solution. 

Any ideas?
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Is the issue confined to windows store app cons? 

Please follow these suggestions to have a try:

1.Open powershell as administrator and type the command

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml 

2.Clear the Windows store cache. Type wsreset.exe in Run box.

3.Reset the Windows Store. How to 

4.After that, please perform a clean boot 

5.If the above the suggestions don't help, please create a new account to login to see if the problem still exists.

If the problem has been fixed after you change the user account, please repair the icon cache, you can refer to :

https://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-to-rebuild-a-broken-icon-cache-in-windows-10/

https://winaero.com/blog/fix-broken-icons-reset-icon-cache-in-windows-10-without-reboot/

Note: this is a 3rd party link, we don't have any warranties on this website. It's just for your convenience.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 26, 2018 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 1:41 AM