Screen Orientation and Wallpaper Rotation (on Tablet PCs) RRS feed

• Question

• On Tablet PCs, screen orientation can be changed so that any side of the screen can become "the bottom" of the desktop.
    Unfortunately, the result is that a wallpaper intended for a 1200 x 800 desktop, is stretched to fill a 800 x 1200 desktop. See the effect in the attached images.
    Is there any way to lock wallpapers to a physical side of a screen?

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:15 AM

All replies

• You can't lock the wallpaper so that it does not rotate because Windows 7 resets the screen in a way that (the orientation) is more or less invisible to the applications.

You can change the way the image is streched or cropped though.

Right Click on the desktop (touch: hold down your finger until a circle appears around it.)

Click Personalize

Click Desktop Background

Select Picture position Fill, (or basically anything other than Strech) and the picture will never be distorted.

I use images that are cropped square, preferably with dimensions of the largest screen dimension, so 1200x1200 for your screen.

Friday, October 7, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Rick,

there is a utility to assign a landscape and portrait wallpaper. By rotating a copy of the wallpaper and saving it to the desired orientation, the effect is a wallpaper which does not stretch.

"I found this page. I have no idea if it works. I only have desktop machines:

http://www.tabletpcpost.com/modules....Wallpaper_Gyro

MilesAhead (SevenForums)"

Cavaldi

• Edited by Cavaldi Friday, October 7, 2011 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:55 PM