none
Issue with KB2913228 (build 4.1.3508.0) RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm trying to install build 4.1.3508.0 on a RTM environment. Both FIM Sync & Service are on the same server and SQL is on another server.

    The message I get is "Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ResourceManagementException:  Database is not compatible with this binary."

    Before the update my fim.version is "1112, 4.1.2273.0" after it is "1112, 4.1.3508.0"

    If I read the KB it states that this hotfix replaces ALL previous hotfixes so starting from RTM should be fine...

    Anyone else encountered this?

    Here are the last lines of databaseupgrade_tracelog.txt

    Microsoft.ResourceManagement Verbose: 0 : Database upgrade : Out-of-box object upgrade completed.
        DateTime=2014-03-17T10:47:37.6458316Z
    Microsoft.ResourceManagement Verbose: 0 : Database ugrade : Completed successfully.
        DateTime=2014-03-17T10:47:38.0677066Z
    Microsoft.ResourceManagement Verbose: 0 : Database upgrade : Database version upgraded from: 1112 to: 1112
        DateTime=2014-03-17T10:47:38.0677066Z

    Could it be that the last hotfix simply forgets to write a newer (1120) number to that field?


    http://setspn.blogspot.com

    Monday, March 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Answers

  • If anyone ever stumbles accross this: I renamed Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe.config to Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe.config.old and let the setup create a new one. That included changes all the way up to 1120.

    I noticed something was off with the "last modified" timestamp of that file versus other environments. The contents however was identical. Something had to be off though.

    Either way, setup ran fine now.


    http://setspn.blogspot.com

    Monday, March 17, 2014 12:38 PM

All replies

  • If anyone ever stumbles accross this: I renamed Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe.config to Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe.config.old and let the setup create a new one. That included changes all the way up to 1120.

    I noticed something was off with the "last modified" timestamp of that file versus other environments. The contents however was identical. Something had to be off though.

    Either way, setup ran fine now.


    http://setspn.blogspot.com

    Monday, March 17, 2014 12:38 PM
  • That's an excellent topic + fix for the TN Wiki!

    http://aka.ms/fim2010wiki

    Rgds,

    Peter


    Peter Geelen (Microsoft Belgium) - Premier Field Engineer Security & Identity

    [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

    Monday, March 17, 2014 3:27 PM
    Moderator