Issue Printing from Virtual PC 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Before my Windows 7 Upgrade, I could print from my Virtual PC to my printer.  Since the upgrade, I'm having issues with printing.  I'm not a Computer Whiz, so please could someone help me resolve this issue??????
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to me ,I feel the problem maybe because the printer drivers may not be installed properly while upgrading to Windows 7 or  installing virtual pc on windows 7.

I have researched and found few steps which may help you further.

To configure a network printer for a virtual machine

1. Navigate to the virtual machine desktop, and log on .
    2. Open Control Panel, and then open Printers.
    3. Click Add Printer. The Add Printer Wizard opens.
    4. On the Local or Network Printer page, select the network printer option and complete the wizard. 

To print from a virtual machine

1. Navigate to the virtual machine desktop, and log on if necessary. (You will be logged in automatically if you saved the credentials.)
    2. Perform one of the below steps:
      • From the desktop of the virtual machine, right-click a file and click Print.
      • Open any application that includes a print option, and then use the print command.
    3. All printers available to the virtual machine are listed. Select a printer, and then click OK. 

You can also check the below link for installing printer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824366

It would be grateful if you can share the error message which you are encountering while printing.This may help us to find the exact problem.

Thanks,

Saraga Mala

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information
    • Proposed as answer by saraga mala Friday, November 6, 2009 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, November 20, 2009 3:40 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:50 PM