none
Using AliasUserExit RRS feed

All replies

• Hi. 

As I recall the variables are stored in a file in MININT folder and if you don't delete that folder after each test you will see the same result as the first run. 

So check if x:\MININT exist and delete it. 

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Thanks for your reply and I though it was something along those lines, however I don't have a X:\MiniNT or C:\MiniNT.

I am now trying to change:

[Settings] Priority=SetAlias, Default

Properties=ModelAlias,MakeAlias,MacAlias,SMBIOSBIOSVersion

to this:

[Settings]
    Priority=SetAlias,ModelAlias,MakeAlias,MacAlias,SMBIOSBIOSVersion,Default 
    Properties=ModelAlias,MakeAlias,MacAlias,SMBIOSBIOSVersion 

This may be going good, testing now. I was hoping to be able to test to make sure the variables %MakeAlias% and %ModelAlias% are getting the correct values before I deploy the image.

Thanks for chiming in!

Scott

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Do not make the changes to priority you suggested. I've been using an older version of the modelalias script for years. When you run a test be sure you specify the location of the settings file.

Let's say you mapped drive letter Z: to your deployment share. From the command prompt change directory to Z: Your command would look like

cscript scripts\ZTIGather.wsf /inifile:Control\customsettings.ini /debug:true
    And as mentioned by Elmholt be sure to clear out the minint folder after your test.

My settings look like this (well ok a little more complex than this). The battery part keeps someone from starting a deployment on a laptop that's not connected to AC.

[Settings]
    Priority=ByIsOnBattery, HardwareInfo, Default
    Properties=MakeAlias, ModelAlias

[ByIsOnBattery]
    SubSection=ByIsOnBattery-%IsOnBattery%

[ByIsOnBattery-True]
    OSInstall=NO

[HardwareInfo]
    UserExit=ModelAliasExit.vbs
    MakeAlias=#SetMakeAlias()#
    ModelAlias=#SetModelAlias()#

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Edited by Dan_Vega Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:25 PM