Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap RRS feed

• Question

• This is an upgrade win7 to win10 on an HP desktop. 64bit, 8gb memory. This only started a few days ago. The only thing that has been added was the USB for a fitbit. I removed it and it still kept getting the BSOD. The zip file is in my wife's one drive under {removed} It has 7 dmp files in it. Would like to know if this was due to a patch in the OS as this has been running 24/7 since she got it in June, other than being shutdown because of Tstorms.

Regards,

Jim

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:12 PM Removed PII
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:12 AM

Answers

• Hi PaintOwner,

Is system restore available?

I hope the issue has disappeared.

If the issue persists, we could try system restore if it is possible. If system restore is not available. Please feel free to upload the dmp files here. We will help to analyze the dump file for you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:54 AM

All replies

• you need to post a direct link to your shared onedrive folder, or we can not find the dump files.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:20 AM
  •  
    We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:12 PM
  • Zigzag, I followed your link for the help files and also the link on how to upload the link. Well in either Win10 or Win7 when I click on share I do not get what is shown on the help page. I have the dump files, 6 of them zipped up in a folder on my onedrive. I'm old school, cut my teeth on CCPM before MS bought the version 1.0 and named it MSDOS. 

I go into my 1drive and on the folder I click share but it does not give me anything to copy a link. I'll keep searching, but one thing I did find was an install of an update to HP Assistance. It was dated about 12/12/15 and the problem started shortly after that. It has been removed along with 7-zip which neither I nor my wife put one. I suspect it came from a download.  Will see what will happen in the next 24 hours. This computer is used mainly for dispatching a railroad and I don't need this rebooting every time you sneeze at it. Thanks for your help -- Jim

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 7:42 PM
  • Hi PaintOwner,

Is system restore available?

I hope the issue has disappeared.

If the issue persists, we could try system restore if it is possible. If system restore is not available. Please feel free to upload the dmp files here. We will help to analyze the dump file for you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:54 AM