Windows Defender Virus heuristic analysis? RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question, although i'm not sure but here we go.

I had an issue i thought was a possible hacker attack of some sort. The company i work for has developed a program and it is being run on a windows 10 pro OS PC. If this program fails to launch properly it will take a screen shot of the desktop with some other basic information and sends to the I.T. department for looking into. I received an error email with a screen shot but the desktop was of a windows 7 test OS build 7601 running cmd prompt in the background with several MbaRun.exe being run and also several files of various types saved to the desktop with the same file name 'moutonheart'. The PC had a private IP address that is not on my network and also had a name 'ABBY-PC'. I'm reaching out to you all because as i've been looking into this it has been suggested that windows defender will upload files of something it thinks suspicious to a VM virus lab for screening and that is why my screenshot was of the desktop as described. I need to know if this is true or not because if it isn't i feel we may be getting hacked.

Thank you for your time.

Friday, February 14, 2020 2:25 AM

All replies