none
How to monitor websites live or not using Power Shell 2.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I am new to the windows power shell. I want to learn power shell 2.0 .i wanna to write the sample script to monitor the websites up or down within 15 to 20 min of time and how to take backup of Visual Source Safe. Please give me suggestions how to develop knowledge on power shell.Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are many books available that cover PowerShell, VBScript, and JavaScript. A good online book that covers IT systems management from a VBScript perspective is the Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide.

For monitoring systems, search the web for monitoring tools and find one that works for you. This way you can install a product and not need to write a script at all.

Bill

Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:00 PM

All replies

• To learn powershell.. You can refer the "Power shell in the Month of lunches" book

http://it-ebooks.info/book/1539/

Justin Abraham ----------------------------- Knowledge is Power

• Proposed as answer by Abraham Ajo Friday, December 27, 2013 4:46 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Thank you very much Abraham Ajo ....can u please help me to write a script to monitor the websites are up or down.....? 
    Friday, December 27, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is for asking specific questions. Asking others to design and write a custom solution is not the purpose of this forum. There is, however, a script request page:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/site/requests

As with this forum, there is not a guarantee that someone will read your script request and take the time to do it for you.

If this is time sensitive, I would recommend looking into commercially supported monitoring products.

Bill

Friday, December 27, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Hi Bill,

Thanks for your kind information.I would like to know some commercial supported monitoring tools and Can i know which books covers the java and VB Script power shell to learn the techniques and develop the script? 

Dileep

Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

There are many books available that cover PowerShell, VBScript, and JavaScript. A good online book that covers IT systems management from a VBScript perspective is the Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide.

For monitoring systems, search the web for monitoring tools and find one that works for you. This way you can install a product and not need to write a script at all.

Bill

Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you so much Bill.

Dileep

Monday, December 30, 2013 1:28 PM