none
Bing in IE Causing Windows 7 to Crash RRS feed

• Question

• This didn't happen on Windows XP on any version of IE 8 and below that I used, this is only happening with Windows 7. When I navigate to Bing in IE10 the computer crashes entirely, with no warning. When I take a look at the event viewer it just tells me Windows shut down unexpectedly... This issue does not happen in Firefox, only upon navigating to Bing. It loads the homepage, then miliseconds later it shuts down.

Additionally my drivers are up to date, I have tried switching out video cards and also ensuring those are up to date, java is up to date, and Windows updates have all been installed...

Thoughts, instructions? Please help. Bing is necessary for a web based app I use that gets its data from bing maps and is only compatible with Internet Explorer versions 6 - 10. I have a DXdiag report if that helps anyone. Let me know and I'll post it.

• Edited by atams Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:08 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:20 PM

Answers

• Q: Is this a sudden new, problem or...?
    A: I would call this a sudden, new problem as it came immediately with Windows 7 upgrade.

Q: Has IE11 ever been...offered to your computer via Windows Update?
    A: No I haven't seen that offered via the Windows update.

Did you recently upgrade a (e.g., Vista; WinXP) computer to Win7 or did you recently install one or more updates for Win7?

Is KB2729094, KB2670838, KB2786081, KB2834140 and/or KB2882822 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Monday, October 27, 2014 6:04 PM

All replies

• Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

Has IE11 ever been installed or offered to your computer via Windows Update?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:34 PM
  • Hi atams,

Every time you open the Bing in IE10 and then it will crash, right?

1.First I recommend you open the Bing in IE10 without add-ons to confirm whether it is caused by the add-ons?

To open the IE without add-ons:

Run iexplore.exe –extoff at Start screen and try to open the Bing website. 

If it works correctly, this problem is caused by the add-ons, I recommend you enable the add-ons one by one until you find out the problematic add-ons and disable it.

To manage the add-ons:

Tools \manage add-ons

2.If #1 won`t work,I recommend you delete the browsing history ,cookies,and temporary internet files and data and try to open the Bing website again.

To delete these items

Tools\Security\Delete Browsing history and choose the items.

3.If #1 ,#2 won`t work ,I recommend you reset your IE10.

To reset IE10:

Tools\Internet option \Advanced\ Reset

Best regards 

• Proposed as answer by Fahadking07 Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:06 PM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Atams,

Do you have bing bar installed ?

AM.

Adrian Mohamed

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:15 PM
  • hmm, strange. Can you try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:06 PM
  • I would call this a sudden, new problem as it came immediately with Windows 7 upgrade.

No I haven't seen that offered via the Windows update.

Monday, October 27, 2014 1:47 PM
  • Correct, everytime Bing is opened the computer crashes.

1. I reset IE previously and it still crashes comptuer. I tried just disabling addons (even though they were all off, and still crashed)

2. I've ran CCleaner to wipe IE data such as history, cache...etc and done it through Internet Options. Still crashes.

3. I reset IE originally before asking for help. I reset it again and it still crashed.

I really appreciate all the help everyone is giving!

Monday, October 27, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Heck no! Haha. :)
    Monday, October 27, 2014 1:51 PM
  • I have reset IE via these instructions and still crashes.
    Monday, October 27, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Q: Is this a sudden new, problem or...?
    A: I would call this a sudden, new problem as it came immediately with Windows 7 upgrade.

Q: Has IE11 ever been...offered to your computer via Windows Update?
    A: No I haven't seen that offered via the Windows update.

Did you recently upgrade a (e.g., Vista; WinXP) computer to Win7 or did you recently install one or more updates for Win7?

Is KB2729094, KB2670838, KB2786081, KB2834140 and/or KB2882822 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)?

Monday, October 27, 2014 6:04 PM