Uninstall WSUS, Reinstall, Now Admin Console Won't Connect RRS feed

• Question

• I had to uninstall WSUS from the SCCM server because all updates were showing as expired for some reason. So I went to the control panel and removed it. I also removed the SUP role. Now I am getting failures to connect to the database errors. If I try to bring up the admin console, it won't connect. I am storing files locally on my SCCM server in a folder, so no SQL install. I look in event viewer and get the below.

Possible cause: WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or above is not installed or cannot be contacted.
    Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.You can receive failure because proxy is set but proxy name is not specified or proxy server port is invalid.

I am just using port 80 and 443 (although I think before the reinstall I was using 8530 and 8531). I'm not using any SSL certificates and there is no proxy setup.

What could be the problem?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:07 PM

Answers

• Now I am getting failures to connect to the database errors.

Hmm. Are those error messages super secret? What about wcm.log and wsusctrl.log?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, October 10, 2015 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:34 PM