none
Project Members unable to access SharePoint Tasks list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of stakeholders that we wish to give access to the synced Project site Tasks SharePoint list. The users are members of People and Group > Project Members. The users are able to access Home, Notebook, Documents, Calendar, Deliverables, Risks and Issues. However, when they click on Tasks they get "Sorry, you don't have access to this page" with a Request Access option. I have gone through the motions of making and accepting the access request just to see if it would effect a change with no luck. The users are clearly a member of Project Members and still get access denied. I have drilled into Site Contents > Settings for Tasks. The "Permissions for this list" indicates the Tasks list is inheriting from the project site parent and the Project Members group has Contribute. Checking permissions yields the following result.

Suggestions for additional troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:14 PM

All replies

• I narrowed my problem down to the following. The persons I wish to give access to the synced SharePoint site Task List have to be a member of Project Members on the PWA site. Can anyone explain why? The synced SharePoint Task list is a read only copy of the PWA Schedule so why would someone who is not licensed for Project and will not be a resource on the Project need to be added as an Enterprise object in PWA and added to the Project Members group?
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:44 PM