none
dpm 2010 + sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Scenario is like this. We have to recover sharepoint server2010 after disaster. We dont have our sql server no more. Question is how can we recover sharepoint on that new sql server. I copy backup to that new sql (recovered sharepoint databases are on another instance not on the same istance where is the new installed sharepoint---new installed sharepoint instance sharepoint and recovered sharepoint databases are on another instance sqlexpress).

Now i can attach those database without any problem but cant open them. I have installed a new sharepoint and when i go to central admin --> to create a new web app and to associate restored db with the new app i run into error. Sometimes i get error like this: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' and sometimes NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Can someone please help me with this. its driving me nuts.

best regards,

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:37 AM

Answers

• I am logged in with my administrator account. I have full permissions with that account. Account is mapped to the master database and has sysadmin role and dbcreator role on both instances (sharepoint och sqlexpress). Still getting this error: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master.

Hi,

This is definitely a permissions issue. This seems to be a common issue with SharePoint/SQL. It looks like you need to make sure the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account has to have  dbcreator and securityadmin role as well. One link suggested this becuase Central Admin was running under that account.

Check these links for more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/3dc3cba0-248e-491d-bb2d-cf3b040c3296/

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointadmin/thread/fa43733a-7c66-4fb7-bf3c-1cd6a881168a

http://njbblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/sharepoint-v2-error-create-database.html

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

• Marked as answer by kaktak Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:34 PM
  • I fix this. I create a new user NT Authority\network service. After that i mapped it to master and account has dbcreator and sysadmin. After that went I to sharepoint web application and created a new one. I point to WSS_Content database and after that everything start to working. 

THANK YOU BUCHATECH ON YOU SUPPORT

• Marked as answer by kaktak Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:01 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:01 PM

All replies

• is it no one who can help me and answer to question???
    Monday, October 15, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Hi all,

Scenario is like this. We have to recover sharepoint server2010 after disaster. We dont have our sql server no more. Question is how can we recover sharepoint on that new sql server. I copy backup to that new sql (recovered sharepoint databases are on another instance not on the same istance where is the new installed sharepoint---new installed sharepoint instance sharepoint and recovered sharepoint databases are on another instance sqlexpress).

Now i can attach those database without any problem but cant open them. I have installed a new sharepoint and when i go to central admin --> to create a new web app and to associate restored db with the new app i run into error. Sometimes i get error like this: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' and sometimes NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Can someone please help me with this. its driving me nuts.

best regards,

Hi,

Does the account you are logged in with when attaching the databases have sysadmin role and dbcreator role? Is the account mapped to the master database on the SQL instance? If so what is the type of user it is set as?

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:20 AM
  • I am logged in with my administrator account. I have full permissions with that account. Account is mapped to the master database and has sysadmin role and dbcreator role on both instances (sharepoint och sqlexpress). Still getting this error: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:50 PM

Hi,

This is definitely a permissions issue. This seems to be a common issue with SharePoint/SQL. It looks like you need to make sure the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account has to have  dbcreator and securityadmin role as well. One link suggested this becuase Central Admin was running under that account.

Check these links for more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/3dc3cba0-248e-491d-bb2d-cf3b040c3296/

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointadmin/thread/fa43733a-7c66-4fb7-bf3c-1cd6a881168a

http://njbblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/sharepoint-v2-error-create-database.html

• Marked as answer by kaktak Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

When i create a new instance i dont have NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE  account there have only NT SERVICE. NT SERVICE account is mapped to the master and has sysadmin role and dbcreator role. My admin account has also full access and all that is needed. I will pu some print Scrn.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:52 AM
  • I fix this. I create a new user NT Authority\network service. After that i mapped it to master and account has dbcreator and sysadmin. After that went I to sharepoint web application and created a new one. I point to WSS_Content database and after that everything start to working. 

THANK YOU BUCHATECH ON YOU SUPPORT

• Marked as answer by kaktak Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:01 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:01 PM