none
APIPA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having the configuration below. DHCP Client is not configured on the server but it's getting APIPA. The server can't communicate in the network even though its having a static ip address. Please help

Monday, September 4, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi chabiousmane,

>>I am having the configuration below.

Did you upload the image? You could upload the image to OneDrive and then share the link with me :

https://onedrive.live.com/

>>DHCP Client is not configured on the server but it's getting APIPA. 

When a Windows client device attempts to join the local network, it contacts the DHCP server to request its IP address. If the DHCP server stops functioning, a network glitch interferes with the request, or some issue occurs on the Windows device, this process can fail.
    When the DHCP process fails, Windows automatically allocates an IP address from the private range 169.254.0.1 to 169.254.255.254. 

APIPA is enabled by default in Windows whenever the PC network interface is configured for DHCP. In Windows utilities like ipconfig, this option is also called "Autoconfiguration."  The feature can be disabled by a computer administrator by editing the Windows Registry and setting the following key value to 0:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/TcpipParameters/IPAutoconfigurationEnabled

>>The server can't communicate in the network even though its having a static ip address.

Please first check your network connectivity.
    a. Type  ipconfig /all to view IP configuration details.
    b. Using the ping command to test a TCP/IP connectivity.
    For your reference:
    Network Connectivity
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961803.aspx

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi chabiousmane,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 7:40 AM